FULFILLING one of Lyndon Pallot’s last wishes, a procession of around 30 vintage tractors followed his coffin on its journey to the funeral at St Brelade’s Church and to the Quennevais Cemetery.
Mr Pallot, who died on April 10 at the age of 87, was well known in the community as a member of the family who established the Pallot Steam, Motor and General Museum at Bechet Street, Trinity and loved everything which concerned the engines. He also regularly participates in rallies organized by the Jersey Classic Vehicle Club.
His coffin was transported on a 1952 Bedford lorry driven by Matthew Slous and the tractor he owned – a 1971 Polish Ursus C335, was driven by Michael Slous, as part of the convoy led by Mr Pallot’s brother , Sam and his brother-in-law, Derek. Viviane.
A guard of honor was formed by the tractor drivers along the path to the church, most dressed in their respective tractor brand overalls. The service, in a packed church, was led by the Reverend Mark Bond and the vigil was held at the Steam Museum, where refreshments included a special tractor-themed cake baked by Caroline Rose.
There was also music from accordionists, an instrument Mr. Pallot loved to play.
The funeral arrangements were undertaken by Maillards.