Position title: Vice President, Controller
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Date: February 2022
As a key member of the finance organization, the Vice President, Controller will report to the Chief Financial Officer and
assume a strategic role in the overall operation and management of financial control processes and
methodology. The Vice President, Controller will be responsible for managing all accounting activities, including
the preparation of financial statements and reporting, accounting policies and procedures as well as the
monitoring and development of new and existing internal controls. This person will act as a technician
accounting resource of the Company and be responsible for the regular improvement of the processes and
increase the efficiency of accounting and business operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The main responsibilities of the position are listed below. Reasonable accommodation can be
designed to enable people with disabilities to perform essential functions. Other functions,
specific assignments and projects may be assigned at the discretion of senior management.
• Collaborate with the CFO to lead the accounting control function in optimizing financial results
• Directs the company’s financial accounting to ensure that all financial data is accurate and timely
• Responsible for the accurate and timely preparation and submission of monthly, quarterly and annual reports
financial statements (balance sheet, income statement, cash flow)
• Leads and develops the accounting team with a focus on capacity building and empowerment
• Develop the accounting operations functional goal strategy and more importantly the turn strategy
in action, which has a measurable impact on results.
• Provide inspirational and strategic day-to-day leadership for the function, coordinating activities and
manage direct and indirect reports to achieve the objectives and initiatives necessary to ensure
success, including but not limited to the following areas:
o Accounting policy
o Control environment
o Closing process (fast, accurate, efficient)
o Revenue accounting
o Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll and Treasury Operations
• Establish and maintain financial objectives, policies and controls
• Manage all monthly, quarterly and year-end closings, including account reconciliations, accruals
timelines and general journal entries, ensuring that reconciliations are performed accurately and
• Responsible for the preparation and supervision of the annual external audit and collaborates with the
team of chartered accountants to comply with US GAAP accounting requirements and standards
• People Engagement/Leadership – Inspires, motivates and empowers people to succeed
organizational goals. Builds a team that is seen as a valued partner across the
• Strategic Orientation – Takes an enterprise-wide perspective (not a narrow functional view). sees
in front clearly; can accurately anticipate consequences and future trends.
• Continuous Improvement – Understands and has demonstrated experience in streamlining
maintain and improve internal processes and controls.
• Emotional intelligence and sense of urgency – High levels of self-awareness and the ability to
recognize the needs and concerns of others. Consistently demonstrates high levels of energy,
passion, enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
• Leadership Skills – An energizing and inspiring leader with the ability to partner up, down and
next to. A strong leader who is able to clearly articulate expectations and hold their
responsible organization. Creates a culture where transparency is valued and encouraged.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting and/or business administration or equivalent
appreciated experience. MBA desired.
• 10+ years in accounting. Big 4 experience a plus.
• Strong analytical skills with a deep understanding of finance, GAAP, systems and
• Industry experience: ideal candidates will have worked as a corporate controller or leader
An accountant. Preferred CPA
• Up-to-date knowledge of common financial and accounting computer applications.
• Previous experience as a controller in a public company and Big 4 public accounting
experience is strongly desired.
• Experience in the retail or financial services industry is a plus.
• Strong organizational and analytical skills are required
• This position requires excellent communication and relationship skills.
• Well-developed ability to set priorities with strong attention to detail.
Interested members should email their CV to [email protected] Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper’s Friends of the Firm program. Be sure to include Job #1764 in the subject line and copy [email protected] to your email.