Here’s a look at the 10 most read articles published at New Jersey Stage during the week of March 6-12, 2022. Each week, we publish about 70 articles, including several columns and original features, as well as press releases for events taking place throughout the state and neighboring areas like Philadelphia and New York. This week’s Top Ten includes articles spanning eight New Jersey counties (Bergen, Camden, Essex, Middlesex, Monmouth, Ocean, Passaic and Sussex).
1) Melba Wilson Brings Her Signature Harlem Restaurant to Newark – (NEWARK, NJ) – On March 9, 2022, Mayor Ras J. Baraka and Melba Wilson announced that the restaurateur will bring her restaurant Melba’s to downtown Newark, with Melba’s 550 at 550 Broad Street opening later This year.
2) Stanhope House continues its comeback with great shows this spring – (STANHOPE, NJ) – Not so long ago, it seemed that The Stanhope House’s days might be numbered. But the iconic music club has endured the challenges of the COVID pandemic and if there were any doubts about its survival, the spring schedule makes it abundantly clear that it’s here to stay.
3) Steven Spielberg’s “West Side Story” uses New Jersey as a backdrop – (NEWARK, NJ) – Steven Spielberg’s reimagining of the legendary “West Side Story” was filmed on location on the streets of Paterson and Newark. The film, which is already garnering positive reviews from critics, marks Spielberg’s musical debut and his third shoot in New Jersey.
4) Sexy Modern Love Story Online Billie premieres at the New Jersey Film Festival on Friday, September 20, 2019 – Here is the interview I did with the director of Online Billie Lou Assous
Advertise with New Jersey Stage for $50-$100 per month, click here for more info
5) Light of Day Winterfest Announces Asbury Angels Class of 2022 — (ASBURY PARK, NJ) — Light of Day WinterFest 2022 has announced the Asbury Angels Class of 2022 and inductees include Andrew “Hood” Kafafian, Kerry Layton, Jonathan T. Richardson and Billy Ryan. The inductees will be recognized tonight at the Stone Pony in Asbury Park by Eileen Chapman, Jean Mikle and Tony Pallagrosi.
6) The Ritz Theater Company Announces 2022-23 Season – (HADDON TOWNSHIP, NJ) – After a triumphant “grand reopening” in September and amid a booming comeback season, The Ritz Theater Company is aiming to make a splash in the coming months, officially announcing a new season that will strengthens the organization. ongoing commitment to “embrace the diversity in our stories and those who share them”.
7) Ocean County College Foundation presents Captain Sandy on April 11 – (TOMS RIVER, NJ) – The Ocean County College Foundation’s Blauvelt Speaker Series offers an incredible opportunity to hear from Captain Sandy, the famed superyacht captain and series lead Bravo’s Emmy Award Under the bridge, as she speaks to students at Ocean County College about overcoming obstacles, recovering from addiction and her long maritime career. Join Captain Sandra Yawn (“Captain Sandy”) on April 11 at 11:00 a.m. as she shares her remarkable story of battling addiction and cancer to become a powerful female role model and trailblazer at the top of a male-dominated field. .
8) Lineup for “Bob’s Birthday Bash” on March 12 announced — (RED BANK, NJ) — The Light of Day Foundation WinterFest 2022 has announced the lineup for the main event, “Bob’s Birthday Bash,” taking place Saturday, March 12 at the Count Basie Center for the Arts in Red Bank, NJ. Performers will include Joe Grushecky & The Houserockers, Willie Nile, Jesse Malin, The Weeklings, Steve Forbert, Joe D’Urso & Stone Caravan, James Maddock, Jeffrey Gaines, Linda Chorney, Guy Davis, Williams Honor, Joe Bonanno, Remember Jones and Continued.
9) Mother’s Day Good Music Festival at the Prudential Center features The Isley Brothers, Keith Sweat, Monica and SWV – (NEWARK, NJ) — SJ Presents The Good Music Festival of Mother’s Day with iconic multi-platinum and Grammy-winning artists The Isley Brothers, Keith Sweat, Monica and SWV at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey on Friday, May 6 at 8:00 p.m.
10) Four entrepreneurs selected to appear in a documentary about Hackensack’s immigrant business owners — (HACKENSACK, NJ) — The Northern New Jersey Community Foundation’s (NNJCF) ArtsBergen Initiative has selected four Hackensack entrepreneurs to appear in the documentary film, Main Street Stories: Hackensack’s Immigrant Business Owners as Placemakers. The owners of the company are: Domenico Daniele from Coffee Break, Nelfita Rodas from Colombia Bakery Factory, Yusef Ural from El Turco Grill and Aida Yungasaca from Colombia Fashion LLC.
Event previews are still one of the most popular areas of the website. Event previews get noticed when we first post them, and then again when they’re brought back to the main area of the site the week the event takes place – sometimes even months later. Make sure your events are previewed by sending us press releases to [email protected] – for even more promotion, check out our advertising rates which range from $50 to $100 for a full month of advertising. It’s the best deal around!